Craps Table Dimensions: 2.2m x 1.25m
The Craps Table is one of the most exciting places to be at a casino and a game that many of your guests will have never played. At first sight it looks complicated but don’t be put off, it’s not as intimidating as it seems. Our experienced Craps dealers will explain the rules and make sure everyone gets a turn at this exciting game.
RULES OF CRAPS
- First of all to start the game the person with the dice called the Shooter must place a bet (called a line bet) on the Pass Line. This is known as the ‘Come Out Roll’ and the payout is even money.
- On the Come Out Roll the Puck or Marker will be on the OFF position. This is the only time you can bet on the Pass Line and the Shooter and everyone betting on the Pass Line will win if a 7 or 11 is thrown.
- Everyone betting on the Pass Line will lose if a 2, 3 or 12 (known as Crap numbers) is thrown. However should the first number thrown be a 4, 5, 6, 8, 9 or 10 this will be known as the POINT number and the Puck will be placed on that number in the ON position.
- For the Shooter and everyone else on the Pass Line to win, the Shooter must now throw that number again before a 7 is rolled.
- The shooter will keep rolling until one of two things happen. If they roll the number that they had to set the Point, the Pass Line bets win. However if a 7 is rolled before the Point number, the Pass Line loses. Either way, the round is over. A new round always begins with the same shooter until that person ‘sevens out’.
The Big 6 and 8 Bets
You are betting that 6 or 8 will be rolled before a 7. These bets pay even money.
Field Bets You’re betting that the next roll will be a 2, 3, 4, 9, 10, 11 or 12. These pay even money, except 2 and 12, which pay 2 to 1.
Place Bets If your Point number comes up before a 7, you win, if a 7 comes up first, you lose.
Hard Way Bets Hard Ways are combination bets on specific pair totals. For example, if you wanted to hit a hard six you would need to roll two threes. The payouts on these vary.
Proposition Bets These are the bets in the middle of the table and are one-roll bets. These bets all win or lose on the next roll of the dice and the payouts on these vary.